MoneyMap is a FinTech startup venture of FinLeap, the Berlin based company builder. MoneyMap offers a convenient tool for personal finance optimization. Without paperwork, it brings transparency into its customers’ running costs, cancels overpriced contracts and switches to better value providers. MoneyMap is constantly out there monitoring for better deals and reliably takes care of the details – proactively and intelligently. To support our growing operations, we are now looking for a (Senior) Scala Developer (m/f).
In this role, you will be responsible for building our backend API using microservices and data pipelines later on. You’ll have an opportunity to influence our technical stack and define and shape our product from during its evolution into the next big thing.What will keep you challenged?
What will make you succeed?
- Designing sensible, REST-like API with JSON
- Writing tests/documentation for these APIs, that can be used by other developers to understand you APIs
- Slicing business domains, so you create consistent, independent and testable microservices
- Collaborating with a small multinational team of engineers with strong belief on software craftsmanship.
- Influencing the choice of technologies and frameworks along with your team and improving our products and development flow
- Very good knowledge of Scala (preferred) or Java
- Experience with Web frameworks such as Play, Akka HTTP, Spray etc
- Expertise in building APIs: understanding HTTP protocol, REST principles, API-Gateways, testing and documenting it with Swagger
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases: We use Couchbase, Redis and Postgres
- Experience in applying solid engineering: unit and integration testing, writing clean maintainable code, maintain caching, CI/CD, monitoring
- Ideally, you worked with building and maintaining data pipelines, streaming with tools like Kafka or Spark
- Functional Programming experience is desirable
- A growth mindset, open to new challenges
- Excellent English communication skills
- We combine technology-savvy entrepreneurs, industry expertise and a deep network in the global start-up scene, then work with banks to successfully implement our vision
- We tackle cutting-edge technical challenges that push the boundaries of how and where high-quality data is utilized today
- Talented and committed people are at the heart of our success and our culture
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated—both in and out of the office