The AppLift Engineering team works on a full-stack self-serve demand platform, which includes campaign management and analytics for real-time bidding. We help app developers to intelligently bid on advertising spaces in milliseconds. We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join our team in Berlin. Have a look at our technology section: http://www.applift.com/technology and our tech blog: http://techblog.applift.com/.
AppLift Engineering has recently transformed into a collaboration between full-featured self-organized teams. Team tasks may vary from quarter to quarter and they are always driven by clearly defined goals and their business value. Every team is fully responsible for delivering their software and holding close contact with the stakeholders. We organize regular product demos where we share our progress with our stakeholders and collect their feedback. Typical team size is 3-5 people. A team includes Software and Tests Engineers and a Product Manager.
We serve both internal and external customers. We follow ‘best for the task’ approach when designing our platform and choosing technologies, as we are always willing to improve. We run our software in AWS and deploy it with help of Terraform, Docker, and Mesos.
We are looking for a skilled Backend Software Engineer to join our Incentivized Ads team and become an important contributor to our business and technology.
- You own your software and drive its delivery together with your team.
- You are pragmatic and goal oriented and set high delivery standards for yourself and your team
- You break down the problem, understand the tradeoffs and clearly communicate your concerns and vision
- You are enthusiastic and proactive in exploring ideas for new products and solutions with your team
- You are passionate about technology and stay up to day with recent developments
- You are ready to help to build our team culture
- Comprehensive Computer Science fundamentals
- 4+ years of work experience in designing, implementing and operating distributed software
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with Java/Kotlin. Knowledge of Golang is a plus
- Comfortable working with our technology stack, which includes Postgres, Redis, Kafka, Spark, ELK, InfluxDB, Mesos, Docker, AWS
- Knowledge of RESTful services, HTTP, and TCP/IP networking
- Understanding the concepts and challenges of implementing and running load intense, highly available, and resilient distributed systems processing a great amount of data
- Ability to solve complex implementation problems and difficult production issues
What We Offer:
- Together with your international and experienced teammates, you contribute to the success of our ambitious digital marketing platform
- An expectation for setting high standards to your work, ownership of the software you ship, and valuable contribution to the business
- MacBook or PC laptop based on your preference
- Company supported the attendance of technical conferences across Europe
- Competitive salary package
- Constant feedback and peer review culture
Interested? Please submit your CV and other relevant documents online.