Senior Cyber Security Expert for a stealth FinLeap venture (M / F)
We’re a new venture launched by FinLeap, a Fintech company builder based in Berlin and active in more than ten countries. We are looking to tap into the underserved demand for information security and insurance for SMEs, starting in Germany and going global. Our environment is diverse, exciting, fast-paced and changing every day. We’re now looking for a Senior Cyber Security Expert (m/f) for our office in Berlin.
You’re an experienced cyber security professional looking to apply your knowledge in a bustling startup world. You want to get your hands dirty building up a best-in-class practise for the SME sector in Europe? Look no further for your next career step — take the leap and join our team as we reshape the industry.
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- You work together with co-founders to set up and roll out the cyber security function for our venture, including, but not limited to, technical development, operational process implementation and policy design
- You provide market expertise to product and IT teams, collaboratively developing product functionality to automatize security functions
- You work closely with product and design to build awareness, create training materials and campaigns
- You support the Head of Data Security and Compliance in key regulatory and risk management responsibilities, including but not limited to audits, identifying gaps, sanctions, expenses, etc
- You support Head of Data Security and Compliance with technical feedback about existing or potential incidents
- You participate in the sales process with insurers, brokers and clients together with Head of Underwriting, and get involved in customer audits
- You actively participate in setting and delivering KPIs, to enable the growth of our business
- You train team members on matters of cyber security
- You continuously monitor market developments with regards to information security, and identify new open source intelligence products and sources (OSINT)
Our Perfect Match:
- 5+ years of experience in cyber security
- You maintain an understanding and awareness of the overall threat landscape
- Expertise in secure product design, security testing, vulnerability assessment, incident response and forensics
- Deep technical experience in either open source or enterprise grade commercial tools for vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and forensic
- University degree (or equivalent), advanced degree preferred
- Good English communication skills, German is a benefit
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, a passion for excellence and a “can-do” attitude
- Active security industry certifications such as CISSP and CEH preferred but not a must
- You are experienced with scripting for Windows and/or Linux based operating systems
What we offer:
- Become an early member of the founding team in a well funded, founder led company addressing a real market demand with a unique value proposition
- An international working environment (we speak English) that mixes serial entrepreneurs with industry experts, working together to ensure the company’s success, adding excellent learning and development opportunities, and ability to independently drive your area of responsibility and further grow the role
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated — both in and out of the office, and offer the following benefits: free breakfast and German lessons in the office, late working dinners paid by the company, Urban Sports Club and EVO-fitness special company rates, BVG (Berlin public transport) special company rate, several other corporate benefits, visa and relocation assistance
- Apple or Lenovo equipment (whichever you prefer)
- A modern workplace in Berlin-Mitte, Rosa-Luxemburg Str.
Apply online with your LinkedIn profile or CV.
We're looking forward to being in touch!
Tom from the Recruiting Team