Valendo is a fast-growing FinTech startup in the lending sector. We offer our customers an innovative financing solution as an alternative to traditional equity and debt strategies with a focus on working capital solutions. We currently serve a wide range of small and medium sized businesses, with a strong focus on fast-growing e-commerce and trading companies. Valendo was founded in 2015 by FinLeap, the leading FinTech Company Builder in Europe.
Join us as Head of Data Engineering (m/f) for our office in Berlin.
As the Head of Data Engineering, through our greenfield data warehousing initiative, you are key to building our data team and unlocking our data potential!
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- Build a tailor made data warehouse solution from scratch to support Valendo's growing business processes
- Develop and optimise Valendo’s data model for purpose and simplicity with an eye on performance and scalability
- Integrate Valendo’s wide range of customers through financial and logistics API's
- Enable meaningful and insightful reports for data analysis and risk monitoring
- Ensure systematic quality assurance for the validation of accurate data processing
- Develop, lead and mentor our future team of data engineers
Our perfect match:
- You have strong knowledge of Python, SQL (PostgreSQL), Linux and ideally Jenkins
- You have exposure to AWS or GoogleCloud
- You are fascinated by data and driven to produce purposeful data models
- You ideally have experience establishing and maintaining data warehouses
- You enjoy leading and mentoring small teams, with a keen eye for hiring
- We are innovating traditional lending processes, supporting a wide range of clients to grow their businesses
- Talented, dedicated and passionate people are at the core of our business bringing together finance and tech skills
- We are a fast growing team, empowering each team member to take full ownership of their activities
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated—both in and out of the office
Apply online with your one-page CV or LinkedIn profile.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Tom from the Recruiting Team