We’re FinLeap, a Fintech company builder based in Berlin and active in more than ten countries. Along with our passionate co-founders, we launch several startups per year. Here, people from many different backgrounds gather to shape the future of finance. We’re currently looking for a Backend Developer (m/w)
to join a new Joint Venture between FinLeap and one of Germany’s biggest personal asset management companies. What will keep you challenged?
What will make you succeed?
- Defining and building a scalable platform from scratch for a data driven application (B2B)
- Integrating Valendo’s wide range of customers through financial and logistics API's
- Enabling meaningful and insightful reports for data analysis and risk monitoring
- Ensuring systematic quality assurance for the validation of accurate data processing
- Collaborating with a small but ambitious team on tech and business topics
- Very good knowledge of Java
- Experience with Web frameworks such as Play, Akka HTTP, Spray etc.
- Expertise in building APIs: understanding HTTP protocol, REST principles, API-Gateways, testing and documenting it with Swagger
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases: We use Couchbase, Redis and Postgres
- Experience in applying solid engineering: unit and integration testing, writing clean maintainable code, maintain caching, CI/CD, monitoring
- Ideally, you worked with building and maintaining data pipelines, streaming with tools like Kafka or Spark
- Functional Programming experience is desirable
- A growth mindset and open to new challenges with excellent English communication skills
- Together with experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts, you work on the success of our companies
- Develop yourself in an excellent learning culture and work together with a highly motivated and experienced team
- Join the largest FinTech Hub in Germany, which unites start-ups, science, SMEs and big players
- We believe that hard work and success must be celebrated - we do that in and outside our office in the heart of Berlin