Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f) for AppLift
AppLift is a data-driven technology company that empowers mobile app advertisers to acquire and re-engage quality users at scale on a performance basis. AppLift’s programmatic media buying platform DataLift provides access to all automated supply sources in the market, reaching over a billion users. The technology leverages first- and third-party data to optimize media buys across all stages of the conversion funnel and, through its proprietary LTV optimization technology, enables ROI-maximized user acquisition. AppLift is trusted by 500+ leading global advertisers across all verticals, such as King, Zynga, OLX, Glu Mobile, Myntra, Paltalk, Nexon, and Tap4Fun.
The Senior DevOps Engineer responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
Engineering and Provisioning:
- You install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- You develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- You develop applications for Monitoring, Backups and other tasks.
- You contribute to and maintain system standards.
- You research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
- You perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Build Applications for security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Automation of regular file archival and purge tasks necessary.
- You create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- You repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted teams.
- You apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- You maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- You perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- You maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- You have Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- You have expert level knowledge of scripting like Python/Perl.
- You have 4+ years system administration/debugging experience, Monitoring tools (Nagios/Graphite/Graylog) , Configuration Management tools (Puppet/Chef/Ansible) ,Deployment Automation , Build Tools (Jenkins) and related tools.
- You have systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix will be added advantage.
- Knowledge in any of the Cloud Services like AWS, Azure, will be an added advantage
- Added advantage if, ready to work on shifts.
What do we offer?
- You get valuable insights into mobile marketing/entrepreneurship and have a high impact on shaping the expansion and success of AppLift across India
- Profit from working with European Serial Entrepreneurs who co-founded over 10 successful companies within the last 8 years and get access to a well-established network and be able to build your own top-tier network & reputation
- Learn and grow in an environment characterized by flat hierarchy, entrepreneurial drive and fun
- You experience an excellent learning culture
- Competitive remuneration package and much more!