Now it is the perfect time to get involved in the fast-growing yet still underserved digital health landscape, while still maintaining the first mover advantage. In light of recent regulatory developments, the German health market is ripe for disruption. As the Director Engineering (m/f) you have the one-of-a-kind opportunity to be part of the initial team and participate in reshaping the German health industry.
We are searching for a hands-on Tech Manager with experience in developing and managing web projects as well as leading and building-up agile engineering teams for our new health venture.
You have proven experience in delivering projects using agile methodologies, are experienced in building up and managing local / near-shore engineering teams and you have deep coding, architecture and design experience yourself.
- You know how to recruit, motivate and manage a team of engineers comprising of individual front- / back-end developers as well as contractors and understand DevOps culture.
- You have management experience of a diverse technical stack that relevant front-end frameworks, any of the modern back-end languages, and modern databases and technologies for BI.
- You are very highly skilled in every aspect of the agile development methodology and toolset and know how to deliver features spanning across developers, teams and locations.
- You understand software architecture and design principles of online systems very well and are able to design, evaluate and decide on the best fitting architecture and components for each phase of the venture.
- You understand how to balance between high speed required in the early phases of startups and a high quality and sustainable approach.
- You are an excellent technical project manager and know how to utilize standardized systems to accelerate time-to-market.
- You have managed both front-end and back-end projects before as a development manager.
- You know how to work independently and proactively.
- You enjoy working in a startup, adapting quickly to a changing business landscape and you love the opportunity of having an impact far beyond your immediate responsibilities.