We’re FinReach, a Berlin-based FinTech startup within the FinLeap company builder, focused on enabling excellence in retail banking through Software-as-a-Service solutions. Our first product line allows end customers to effortlessly change from their old bank accounts to a new one with just a few clicks. We’ve already gained great traction in Germany, Austria and Spain, where +500 banks use our solutions and 100,000+ accounts were switched with our products. We are about to launch our third product and are now increasing efforts to expand our geographical reach into new markets whilst further developing our product portfolio.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Ruby Backend Developer (m/f) to join our strong product & engineering team of 12 and counting. For more information visit our website: www.finreach.com.
Your Role & Responsibilities
Our Perfect Match
- You deliver feature-complete product increments, working on the Back-end (microservice) components of our products, making them better performing and more user friendly;
- You take ownership over specific system components while proactively and continuously improving them;
- You participate in the maintenance of our CI/CD infrastructure together with your team-members;
- You push automatically tested code into production on a daily basis as part of our continuous delivery pipeline;
- You thrive for pragmatic perfection, paying attention to details of security, scalability, performance and fault-tolerance;
- You’re eager to learn, passionate about technology and happy to improve existing products and processes;
- You’re motivated to work with, and guide teammates towards common success.
- University degree in Computer Science or a similar Engineering field;
- Min. 4 years of Ruby on Rails professional experience, with interest in UI frameworks (preferably React/Redux);
- You love to solve complex problems and are able to optimize competing priorities;
- Very good communication skills with a high English proficiency;
- Very strong in both, with a focus on at least one:
- Ruby on Rails;
- ECMAScript 6, React, Redux, Redux Thunk, Bower, Babel, Webpack;
- You’re interested in one of the following fields:
- Data analysis with Python, Numpy, Pandas;
- DevOps with Ansible/Saltstack or similar.
- Our current Ruby stack: Ruby on Rails, Passenger, Mongoid, Capybara, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Git, Travis CI and Ansible CM;
- Currently many of our interfaces use AngularJS and a Java stack with Spring;
- Our team is fun, talented, international and experienced mix of engineers and entrepreneurs; our employees have a big impact on the further development of our company;
- We support an inclusive workplace; enabling everyone to excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance;
- We’ll support you in relocation, getting a work permit and other administrative issues if needed;
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated—both in and out of the office.
Apply online with your one-page CV or LinkedIn profile and your GitHub account.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Satu (People & Organization Team FinReach) &
our Tech/ Product team of 12.