We’re FinReach, a Berlin-based FinTech startup within the FinLeap group, focused on enabling excellence in retail banking through Software-as-a-Service solutions. Our first product line allows end customers to effortlessly change from their old bank accounts to a new one with just a few clicks. We’ve already gained great traction in Germany, Austria and Spain, where +500 banks use our solutions and 100,000+ accounts were switched with our products. We are about to launch our third product and are now increasing efforts to expand our geographical reach into new markets whilst further developing our product portfolio.
The technical stack consists of several services which are written in Java, Ruby, Python and Clojure. They communicate via HTTP and data is stored in MongoDB, MySQL, and Elasticsearch. Our frontends are based on React.js and Angular.js. The services are running in Docker containers in a private data center for high security. Deployments are orchestrated with Ansible and Rundeck, and we are looking forward to moving to Kubernetes. We use GitHub for source control and Travis CI for continuous integration. The development process is in Scrum-based with 2-weeks sprints.
We’re currently looking for a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer (m/f) to join our product & engineering team of 14 members. For more information visit our website: www.finreach.com.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- You manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure;
- You install and configure, test and maintain operating systems, databases, application software and system management tools;
- You ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability;
- You monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes;
- You maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies;
- You create and maintain infrastructure automation to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks;
- You provide application incident support and troubleshooting;
- You liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution;
- You report to, and work directly with our CTO / CPO.
Our Perfect Match
- You advocate DevOps philosophy and emphasize effective communication and collaboration between engineering, product, and operations;
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments;
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g. Tomcat, Ruby, NGINX);
- Experience with monitoring systems & automation software (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Salt);
- Experience with Cloud providers and virtualization techniques;
- Solid scripting skills (e.g. shell scripts, Perl, Ruby or Python);
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP);
- Excellent communication skill in English is a must (German skills are a plus);
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject;
- You never stop learning and are particularly passionate about technology.
- We enable retail banking excellence; build consumer-centric B2B products that bring decisive changes in user experience and deliver long-lasting benefits for banks and their customers;
- We believe the success and growth of our colleagues is directly tied to the success of the company;
- We support an inclusive workplace; enabling everyone to excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance;
- We’ll support you in relocation, getting a work permit and other administrative issues if needed;
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated—both in and out of the office.
Apply Online with your CV or LinkedIn Profile
& GitHub Account
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
(People & Organization Team FinReach)