We’re a new venture launched by FinLeap, a FinTech company builder based in Berlin and active in more than ten countries. We are looking to tap into the under served demand for information security and insurance for SMEs, starting in Germany and going global. Our environment is diverse, exciting, fast-paced and changing every day. We’re now looking for a DevOps Engineer (m/f) for our office in Berlin.
Building a good engineering product is in our opinion the most exciting thing in the world. Applying concepts which originated more than two thousand years ago in logic and formalized by lambda calculus (yes, we know the Curry-Howard isomorphism), combining theoretical concepts with cutting edge technology and healthy pragmatism is what drives our engineering. Does the thought of working in such an environment interest you? Do you already have experience working within the cyber security domain or an interest to do so? Look no further for your next career step — take the leap and join our team as we reshape the industry.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- You apply your know-how to automate scaling, maintenance and configuration of our cloud infrastructure running on AWS
- You create and maintain tools to enable flawless continuous integration and deployment
- You will ensure that all our systems and applications are properly monitored;
- You will help to configure development infrastructure using tools like Jira, Confluence and Slack
- You will participate in the prospection of new technologies and procedures to optimize our workflows.
Our perfect match
- You bring solid experience with AWS cloud
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Understanding of distributed systems including cluster managers, decentralized logging and message queues
- Expert in continuous integration flow, monitoring and logging approaches.
- Experience in web server configurations like Apache or Nginx.
- Expertise in PostgreSQL and NoSQL administration and tuning;
- Expertise with Linux-based systems;
- Experience with security
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and automation tools, experience with Kubernetes is a big big plus.
- We think that the right culture is the key to successfully approach the growing complexity in the technology industry. Sharing a common vision, getting rational feedback and learning new things are our backbones to build this culture which promotes diversity and open opinions.
- Become an early member of the founding team in a well-funded, founder led company addressing a real market demand with a unique value proposition.
- An international working environment (we speak English) that mixes serial entrepreneurs with industry experts, working together to ensure the company’s success, adding excellent learning and development opportunities, and ability to independently drive your area of responsibility and further grow the role
- Possibility to attend and speak at conferences.
- Pick your technical gear!
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated — both in and out of the office, and offer a wide range of benefits including free breakfasts, training and discounted transport.
Apply online with your LinkedIn profile or CV.
We're looking forward to being in touch!
Tom from the FinLeap Recruiting Team