We’re FinLeap, a Fintech company builder based in Berlin and active in more than ten countries. Along with our passionate co-founders, we launch several startups per year. Our environment is diverse, exciting, fast-paced and changing every day.
We’re now looking for a Senior Scala Engineer (m/f) for new FinLeap Venture
What will keep you challenged?
- Designing sensible, REST-like API with JSON
- Writing tests/documentation for these APIs, that can be used by other developers to understand you APIs
- Slicing business domains to create consistent, independent, testable microservices
- Collaborating in a small multinational team of engineers with strong belief on software craftsmanship.
- Influencing the choice of technologies and frameworks along with your team and improve our products and development flow
What will make you succeed?
- Very good knowledge of Scala (preferred) or Java
- Experience with Web frameworks such as Play, Akka HTTP, Spray etc
- Expertise in building APIs: understanding HTTP protocol, REST principles, API-Gateways, testing and documenting it with Swagger
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases: We use Couchbase, Redis and Postgres
- Experience in applying solid engineering: unit and integration testing, writing clean maintainable code, maintain caching, CI/CD, monitoring
- Ideally, you worked with building and maintaining data pipelines, streaming with tools like Kafka or Spark
- Functional Programming experience is desirable
- A growth mindset, open to new challenges
- Great communication skills
- We empower entrepreneurs to reshape finance
- You will work on cutting-edge technical challenges that push the boundaries of how and where high-quality data is utilized today
- Your work with a mix of serial entrepreneurs and industry experts together to ensure each venture’s success
- You will join a team of talented, dedicated and passionate people
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated—both in and out of the office