We're rethinking insurance for the digital age. Therefore, we're building Element, a digital and technologically oriented risk carrier that meets the current demands of our B2B partners and their customers. We make it possible for our partners to sell the products they and their customers need. To help us on this mission, we're looking for a Lead Software Engineer (m/f).
As our Lead Software Engineer for a new Element office in Monheim, you will head up and build an engineering team, utilising your hands-on experience to drive quality delivery and growth!
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- Hire and lead a team of engineers (Backend, Frontend and DevOps)
- Ramp-up new office in Monheim!
- Ensure the quality, efficiency, and motivation of the team
- Grow team members with a focus on value creation and excellence
- Leading by example you enable the team to take responsibility
- Actively participate in hands-on development
- Work directly with Element’s CTO
- Strive for best practices like TDD and Pair Programming
Our Perfect Match:
- Experience leading a successful development team (leading, motivating, enablement, training, hiring)
- Excellence in either Java Spring or frontend development with React
- Deep understanding of Agile practices
- Up to date with modern industry technologies like and patterns AWS, Cloud, etc
- A contributor to opensource projects and blogs, as well as enthusiastically involved in tech events and conferences
- We’re shaping the future of a long-standing industry by building a new, digital insurance company, and you’ll be part of the founding team
- We offer a steep learning curve and your team is made up of insurance experts and experienced entrepreneurs
- Talented, dedicated and passionate people are at the core of our business
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated—both in and out of the office
Apply online with your CV or Linked In profile. We're looking forward to being in touch!
Tom from the Element Recruiting Team.