Valendo is a fast-growing FinTech startup in the lending sector. We offer our customers an innovative financing solution as an alternative to traditional equity and debt strategies with a focus on working capital solutions. We currently serve a wide range of small and medium sized businesses, with a strong focus on fast-growing e-commerce and trading companies. Valendo was founded in 2015 by FinLeap, the leading FinTech Company Builder in Europe.
Join us as a (Senior) Java Engineer (m/f) for our office in Berlin.
As our Java Engineer, through our greenfield data driven application initiative, you will directly enable our growth by helping to design and develop our new data models.
What will keep you challenged?
- Defining and building a scalable platform from scratch for a data driven application (B2B)
- Integrating Valendo’s wide range of customers through financial and logistics API's
- Enabling meaningful and insightful reports for data analysis and risk monitoring
- Ensuring systematic quality assurance for the validation of accurate data processing
- Collaborating with a small but ambitious team on tech and business topics
- Java 8
- AWS (S3, Lambda, SES, SNS)
- Spring Framework, Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Docker, Jenkins
What will make you succeed?
- Considerable experience with Java backend development
- Working knowledge of Spring
- Experience with AWS services and DevOps cultures
- Strong relational database experience
- An interest in data driven environments that empower our business
- We are innovating traditional lending processes, supporting a wide range of clients to grow their businesses
- Talented, dedicated and passionate people are at the core of our business bringing together finance and tech skills
- We are a fast growing team, empowering each team member to take full ownership of their activities
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated—both in and out of the office