We're rethinking insurance for the digital age. Therefore we founded ELEMENT, a digital and technologically oriented risk carrier that meets the current demands of our B2B partners and their customers. We make it possible for our partners to sell the products they and their customers need. To help us on this mission, we're looking for a (Senior) Full Stack Engineer (m/f).
Join our cross-functional team as a (Senior) Full Stack Engineer (m/f) on a full stack basis and work on our frontend and backend services using Jenkins on AWS infrastructure. We’re running our frontend on React/Node and the backend on Java (Spring) and apply DevOps / noops in a continuous deployment environment.
Which challenges await you?
- Having responsibility for design and development of frontend and backend services
- Influencing the product and the choice of technologies along with the CTO and product owners
- Working in one of our cross-functional teams with t-shaped people (mostly fullstack)
- Managing and operate your services on AWS
- Working with cutting-edge technologies in an agile environment
- Applying DevOps principles in an immutable infrastructure by maintaining infrastructure as code environment
- Being part of a collaborative international team and highly skilled technical experts
- Working across multiple stacks, languages, and platforms
What can you bring to the team?
- Embrace Agile Methodologies, eg. XP, Scrum, Continuous Delivery
- Great communication skills in English
- Pragmatic and efficient personality that likes to deliver high-quality work whilst keeping the business value of your actions in mind
- Able to inspire others through your actions
- Proactively take responsibilities and gain ownership
If you have experience with some of the following, even better...
- React, Redux and/or Express
- Understanding of DevOps principles
- Exposure to running software on AWS infrastructure
- Financial or insurance industry experience
- Any other programming experience (especially in Java, Spring)
- At ELEMENT we’re shaping the future of a long-standing industry by building a new, digital insurance company, and you’ll be part of the founding team
- We offer a steep learning curve because our team is made up of insurance experts and experienced entrepreneurs
- Talented, dedicated and passionate people are at the core of our business
- A furry team member aka office dog
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated - both in- and outside of our office